Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Slacker

Wow! Way to not post anything in almost 2 years, Dry Pint. I'm sorry that I've been such a slacker. One of my resolutions is to have more follow-through. Another one is to document all of the beers I try over the year. I may not be able to give them a full review, but I thought it'd be nice to see how adventurous I have been when I look back at the end of the year.

I know that there are iphone/android apps for this type of documentation. I actually had Beer Cloud for all of 2 minutes before I decided that it was more trouble than it was worth. I mean, I have a beer blog, why don't I just dust it off and use it?! Along with chronicling my beer adventures this year, I also want to make note of my crafting achievements. These two passions will intersect soon, as D and I are on our way to pick out our home-brewing equipment today.

Since we're only 5 days into the new year, my lists will be short and sweet. I promise to try my hardest to keep up with this the whole year!

Beers since January 1, 2011:
  • Infinium - Sam Adams came out with this specialty brew in November 2010. It is a beer and champagne hybrid. Dry and slightly fruity with a nice head and champagne-like bubbles. I would link you to the Sam Adam's site, but I feel strongly about not redirecting you to a website that makes you complete two age verification pages before you can read any content.
  • Stone's 14th anniversary Emperial IPA - This tasty IPA is a must. Stone has yet to disappoint me and if you are passionate about IPAs then you need to get your hands on a bottle of this.
  • Left Hand Milk Stout - This is by far my favorite go-to beer.
  • Elk Mountain Brewing - D and I visited this brewery/tasting room in Parker yesterday. I had a to-die-for Vanilla Caramel Porter. I loved this porter so much that I brought home a growler of it. It was mildly sweet, not overly syrupy or sugary, with a nice porter mouth feel and finish. It is a holiday brew, but a lot of people are trying to convince the owner/ head brew master to brew another batch. I also had the Elk Horn Oatmeal Stout. This was a nice, well-rounded stout that was not too heavy.
Crafts since January 1, 2011
  • I really want to include all of the neat things I made for gift in December, but I won't.
  • Crocheted - A Miami Dolphins beanie. Man, their team colors do NOT look that great when crocheted together. It technically was a birthday/Christmas present, but I didn't actually finish it until Monday.
  • Crocheted - A lilac windowpane scarf. Also a Christmas present that didn't get finished until Monday.
  • Crocheted - A tea pot cozy for my little black Japanese tea pot. It's kind of ugly, but it keeps my tea warm! I may work up another one in a different color scheme.
That is it for now. Not bad for the first 5 days of the year, right? We are headed off to Dry Dock and the brew Hut in Aurora this afternoon! I look forward to chronicling many more beers and crafts throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment